I received an email this morning from a mama blogger I really enjoy, Gina, challenging us to participate in a blog challenge by posting 15 fun facts about our kids. I enjoyed reading a little more about her three little ones and about the other children of the women who participated.
So here we go, 15 fun things about my Carter:
1. At 17.5 months, he is super busy. There’s no sitting still, we’re at 50mph from the time he opens his gorgeous blue eyes until we take a nap or go to bed at night.
2. Carter is a phenomenal sleeper. He sleeps a solid 11-12 hours a night and gets 2-4 hours of sleep during the day, too. He’s consistently in bed between 7 and 8pm and usually wakes up every morning between 7 and 7:30am.
Of note…I have become really comfortable with his sleep patterns and hope that he’s such a rockstar because of my awesome mommy-ing, and not because he’s a baby that just loves to sleep, so that our little girl will be the same way!
3. Carter loves playing with his pirate ship toy that he got from his aunt, uncle and cousins for Hanukkah this year. He uses it as a cup holder for his milk/water/juice and likes to both ride it around and push it at top speed in a circle from the dining room to the kitchen to the entryway and back again.
4. He loves to be read to as much as he likes to look at books by himself. He regularly brings books to me and asks me to read them to him. He usually loves the same books for an extended period of time, and likes to hear them over and over and over. Right now it’s a series of Elmo books.
5. There’s some word he’s trying to say right now that sounds way too much like “cock” for me not to laugh every time he says it. I know that’s bad parenting, I admit it, but good lord is it bizarre to hear that word come out of his little mouth.
6. Carter and I love to shower each other with kisses. When I pick him up from the crib he gives me a giant hug around my neck and a huge open mouth kiss. We’re working on the puckering, but as his mama, I can’t get enough of it.
7. He loves to roll call the room. He’ll say everyone’s name that he knows. He calls out for his Bubbie, his Aunt Ray Ray and his cousin Oie all. the. time. Too bad they live in Virginia and Georgia.
8. J and I taught him, “what does a pirate say?” in response to our best friends making this video.
Now, any time we ask him what his name is, he replies with “arrrrrgggg,” the same thing he replies with when we ask him what a pirate says.
9. Carter still throws his cup off his high chair, along with his plate. It’s been something he’s done for months and months and we can’t seem to get him to stop. It’s fun.
10. C was an exclusively breastfed baby and took to solids very well. He eats like a horse. His grandfather is constantly amazed by how much he eats in one meal.
11. He’s a very loving little boy. He loves to give bear hugs to his friends that sometimes end up being more like tackles.
12. He loves steering wheels. He runs up to them on the playground and loves to sit in video game seats and pretend to drive.
13. When Carter first went down a slide, by himself, feet first on his belly, it was the first time it hit me that he wouldn’t be dependent on me forever. How quickly he’d be wanting to do things independently has completely blown my mind.
14. When I ask him where mama’s baby is, he tries to pull my shirt up and says “seestor.” It melts my heart.
15. I get emotional when I think back on being pregnant and questioning whether or not I was cut out to be a mom. When I look at this little boy, I can’t fathom a time in my life when I didn’t love him. He’s taught me so much about myself.
So there are my 15 things! Leave a comment telling me some fun facts about your children!
If you decide to go over to Gina’s blog and participate, link back to me, too, so I can read about your little ones. I’d love to hear more about them!