I had read a similar post over on my friend Dina’s blog, Honey & Fitz, and had a really good time learning a little more about her. Same happened with Monica’s post, and I’m glad I was tagged so I could share some tidbits about myself with all of you!
Feels so self-indulgent, but I guess most of my blog is, so here it goes!
- Post these rules.
- Post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Things:
1. I check books out at the library. I take Carter to a weekly story time and we frequently check out a variety of books for both of us (and sometimes J, too!) to take home and read.
2. I’m currently reading about organic pregnancies and greener living. I’m trying to take steps to making my family’s life a little more natural.
3. I try to keep up with way too many tv shows – smutty reality, comedies, dramas, you name it. Same with blogs. My DVR and Google Reader are constantly in need of a good, long catch-up. My husband mocks me for both of these things.
4. I changed my major in college 6 or 7 times. My original major was journalism, and I wish I had stuck to it as writing is something I’ve always loved.
5. I workout hard to maintain both my body and my lifestyle – a lifestyle that, when not pregnant, involves alcohol and a lot of good tasting food. Just saying that makes me miss long runs in Harrisonburg followed by grilling out and making drinks in the springtime with 2 of my favorite ladies.
6. Speaking of, I don’t think anywhere beats the beauty of JMU in the springtime.
7. I have a constant, ridiculous fear of something super tragic happening to people I love.
8. I get distracted easily.
9. I twist my hair constantly and I think it’s one of the most annoying things about me.
10. I most want to travel to the Greek Isles, followed closely by Prague and anywhere in Italy.
11. One of my favorite sounds in the world is hearing my son, niece and nephew laugh while playing together. I can’t wait to hear that sound for many, many years to come.
Answers to Monica’s Questions:
Do you use a spoon or a fork to eat macaroni and cheese? I would gravitate towards a fork, but would use a spoon if that’s all that was available…unless it was boxed mac and cheese with powder cheese, then I’d just pass altogether because powder cheese creeps me out.
How many candles were on your last birthday cake? 28. Read about the 28 things I’ve learned in those 28 years!
Do you have any pets? If so what? I have 2 dogs that drive me super crazy but are really good dogs. Macey is amazing with Carter and let’s him crawl, stand, pull or hit her whenever he wants. She also sheds a lot, which I despise. Jonas is afraid of everything and is a giant attention whore. He’s also really skinny, despite the fact that we feed him regularly (coughmomcough…). We also have an outdoor cat named Frank. She’s a female cat and was named after Frank the Tank from Old School. I kid you not.
What is your natural hair color? dirty blonde
What color are your eyes? bluish-green, but they change colors based on my clothing choice
Have you ever gone toilet papering? no…
Ever been in a car accident? yes, when I was 16, 6 short months after getting my license. It was my fault, and the lady I hit threatened to kill me because there was a baby in the car. The baby ended up being 110% ok, but I was scared shitless.
What’s your favorite sport (to watch and/or play)? I love to run. I used to be a swimmer and that’s honestly the only sport I ever played in my entire life. I love watching baseball and college football.
How many times did you fail your driver’s test? None. I think I failed my permit test once, but I got my license on the first go. Not sure how, because I sucked at driving for several years, as evidenced by my accidents and multiple tickets.
What’s your favorite sports team? I’m a Yankees fan, thanks to my Nana. I think it’s super cute that she went on her first date with my grandfather to a double header at Yankee stadium, and she loves them. I admittedly haven’t been a very good fan as of late, since the things I have to keep up with are like a mile long. I cheer for the ECU Pirates as my husband is an alum and I’ll always have love for my JMU Dukes.
Who’s your favorite band? Honestly, I am forever in love with the Dave Matthews Band. I feel like that’s a really cliche response, but I could listen to their early CDs for hours and hours and hours and there’s nothing like hearing them live – jamming out on their instruments for 10 minutes at a time. They are so musically talented, even if their newer stuff hasn’t been as amazing as when they started.
My other taste in music ranges from really awesome to really awful, but I love singing loudly in the car to anything I know the words to.
I swear I intended to include more pictures…but there weren’t a ton of questions I could appropriately illustrate. So here are a few random fun ones I haven’t enjoyed in awhile.
My Questions for You:
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- What tv show do you watch that you’re most embarrassed about?
- What is your middle name?
- What would your “last meal” be?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What would you most like to get paid to do?
- It’s a perfect, sunny afternoon in the mid-60’s. You’re responsibility-free. How do you spend your day?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What’s your favorite blog for an instant pick-me-up?
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
- Are you a coffee drinker? Why or why not?
Now go check out the 10 ladies I’m tagging!
Ten felt like a rounder number than 11, and I like to be different, so there. They are funny, soulful, inspiring, fashionable and very fun to read! Some are new blogs I recently discovered, others I’ve been a long time fan of.
They are all fabulous, so go check them out.
Brooke – Playing Grown Up (I can’t get enough of the pics of her baby girl, Evie! How adorable is that name, too?)
Rebekah – a bit of sunshine
Mandi – Harpers Happening
Meredith – The Mom of the Year
Amber – The Daily Doty
Kate – Oberjuerge
Summer – The True Religion Project
Chelsea – Red Dirt Revival
Carrie – Ruby
Rachel – Grasping for Objectivity